Child Care Worker Competition #17-18-26
Aux on call (2) positions
Salary: 40,530.26-$47,414.68 (Level 4)
Location: Haines Junction, YT
Reporting to the Day care Manager, this position will be responsible for promoting good health in children and ensuring a safe, healthy physical environment while creating a learning environment that meets the emotional, physical, social and cognitive needs of young children. The Child Care Worker is responsible for maintaining good communication with parents, staff, and community; and performs other duties as necessary.
Education and Experience:
Grade 10 education with minimum level 1 of the Early Childhood Development program and
Willingness to continue Early Childhood Development course work and additional training related to Child Development. Minimum one year experience working with children in an early childhood program. Experience working in a cross-cultural and team environment.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check*
- Proof of TB tests
- First aid certificate and CPR C
- Immunizations are up to date and medical clearance to work in a child care setting
- Early Childhood Development level 1 certificate or higher (equivalent training and experience may be considered)
- Willingness to complete Early Learning and Child Care courses which are required for employment
CAFN’s Human Resources Preferential Hire Policy will apply. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For a complete job description please check the CAFN website at www.cafn.ca or contact below.
Deadline: 4:30 pm on July 17, 2017
Send current resumes and supporting documents to:
Capacity and Policy Development Department
Fax: (867) 634-7071
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 241 or