BOARD AND COMMITTEES OPPORTUNITIES
Alaska West Local Area Plan Steering Committee:
CAFN is seeking three Citizens to sit on Alaska West Local Area Plan Steering Committee.
The Committee was established by MOU between CAFN and Yukon Government and outlines the mandate of the Committee to develop a draft local area plan for the Alaska Highway West through public process by:
• Helping define the vision, values and principles that will guide the development of the draft plan;
• Providing advice on key themes and priorities to be addressed in the planning process.
• Assisting in establishing and evaluating potential land use concepts and scenarios for growth and change.
• reviewing and providing feedback on the draft local area plan as it is prepared.
• To participate in the selection of consultants or firms of consultants who will be contracted by the Yukon government to prepare the plan under the direction of the Committee.
• To provide advice and information about the collective interests and views of the community as a whole, rather than any individual needs.
• To give regard to community perspectives on key planning issues identified through public consultation.
• To promote an open, honest and cooperative discussion between the community, and the Parties.
• To ensure that the local area plan is realistic, fair and equitable.
• To forward the recommended plan to the Minister of Energy, Mines, and Resources, and Champagne and Aishihik First Nations Chief and Council for review and approval.
• The Committee may review and comment on any applications for subdivision approval, land dispositions, or leaseholds that may be proposed in the planning area on Settlement and non-Settlement Land, while the local area plan is being developed.
Seeking Citizens with past experience regarding land use experience, education and personal history on the land.
Term: 2 years
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday, February 1st by 4:30 p.m.
CAFN Boards and Committees applications are available at: cafn.ca/government/board-committee/
or at CAFN offices in Whitehorse and Haines Junction.
Please submit your application form and current resume in person/fax/email to:
304 Jarvis Street
Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2H2
Fax (867) 667-6202