Dakwäkäda Capital Investments LP. Board Opportunity
Dakwakada Capital Investments LP. is a corporation that manages the affairs of Whitehorse-based Dakwakada Capital Investments Limited Partnership, which hold the investments and business assets of the Champagne and Aishihik First Nations (CAFN), based in Haines Junction, Yukon.
The partnership has numerous investments in the Yukon, British Columbia, Alberta, and Alaska, primarily in growing sectors, including construction and manufacturing. Other investments include a variety of property holdings with the primary goal being maximizing returns and focusing on private equity investments which include operating companies and real estate.
CAFN is seeking applications for current and upcoming vacancies to join the Dakwäkäda Capital Investments Inc. Board of Directors for a term of three years.
The following key responsibilities and desired qualifications are what DCI Inc. is looking for in a director.
- Strategic Leadership: Provide strategic direction and guidance to DCILP Senior Management, aligning with its mission and long-term goals, including contributing to annual and long-term business plans.
- Governance: Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements, as well as adherence to ethical and governance standards.
- Financial Oversight: Review and approve budgets, financial reports, and investment strategies to safeguard the financial health of the organization, including oversight of business valuations, financial analysis, and due diligence processes for potential investment opportunities.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate potential risks and challenges, helping to secure the organization’s stability and growth.
- Advocacy and Networking: Act as an ambassador for DCILP, representing the organization to external stakeholders, partners, and the CAFN Community.
- Fiduciary Responsibility: Act in the best interest of DCILP, its operating companies and employees, CAFN Citizens, and other stakeholders, ensuring transparency, accountability, and fiduciary duty.
- Extensive professional experience with corporate management and governance.
- Experience in the growth and leadership of an organization/business.
- Senior level experience within financial-, investment- and risk-management.
- Knowledge of governance practices and an understanding of legal and ethical responsibilities.
- Specific director / governance training, a director designation, or experience acting as a director would be an asset.
- Personal integrity and credibility, including strict confidentiality.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Willingness and availability to commit time and effort to board meetings and related responsibilities.
- Previous participation in major decision-making of organizations.
Preference will be given to CAFN Citizens that have the specific skills and experience requested.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday, December 8, 2023.
Boards-Committees-Application-FILLABLE-11.29.23.pdf or at CAFN offices in Whitehorse and Haines Junction.
Please submit your application form and resume to:
304 Jarvis Street
Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2H2
(867) 456-6888 extension 332
Fax (867) 667-6202