Post Secondary Education, Employment & Training
CAFN assists Citizens to help them achieve their short and longer-term educational goals. Students are supported to engage in a wide variety of educational programs at post-secondary institutions for short courses, college programs, trades training and university.
Aboriginal Skill and Employment Training Strategy
- trades training,
- training for short-term employment,
- training for long-term employment,
- summer employment, and
- child care.
Courses that are supported have a strong link to employment, such as first aid and food safe.
CAFN Comprehensive Student Support Policy
All students who are accepted into an approved program may apply for the following supports:
- Education planning/application fees
- Books & supplies allowance
- Travel expenses
- Emergency funding
The following additional types of supports are available to students who are enrolled in an approved full-time program for a period greater than four weeks:
- Living allowance or top-up funding
- Academic Achievement Awards
NOTE: Funding priorities and limitations do exist therefore funding is not guaranteed. Limitations include types of programs and number of students who can be funded in a given year.
- Tracy Kane,
Employment and Training Officer,
(867) 634-4233 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Florence Kushniruk
Post Secondary Program Officer
(867) 456-6893 or email@example.com