Nłäshējel (General Assembly)
The CAFN Nłäshējel (We Come Together) or General Assembly (GA) is made up of 40 or more Citizens and meets annually for government updates and to provide guidance and input to the CAFN government. Special General Assemblies are also called as needed. General Assembly directions are provided to the government as resolutions.
General Assembly delegates are selected to represent each CAFN community area, but all Citizens can participate and vote in GA decisions. The annual GA is typically scheduled for three days (Friday through Sunday) in July.
The 2018 General Assembly is scheduled for July 20-22 in Łu Ghą (Klukshu).
- Business starts at 9 a.m. daily.
- Barbecue dinner Friday evening hosted by the Champagne Aishihik Trust
- 25th Anniversary Celebration on Saturday!
- All meals provided. Please bring your potlatch dishes.
- Camping spots available.
- All CAFN Citizens and families are encouraged to attend.
For more information, please contact: Millie Joe at (867) 634-5243 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 General Assembly documents:
Draft resolutions will be accepted until 1 p.m. on Saturday, July 21, at the General Assembly. Please submit to the Resolutions Committee at the General Assembly.