Haines Junction Training Trust Fund
Haines Junction Training Trust Fund Society
Box 5323, Haines Junction, YT Y0B 1L0
About the Fund:
The Haines Junction Training Trust Fund (HJTTF) Society is funded by the Yukon Department of Education, Advanced Education Branch. Applications are reviewed by the Society Board (consists of eight members, residents from the Haines Junction and Champagne and Aishihik Traditional Territory). Applications are assessed based on eligibility, merit and financial need.
Purpose of the Training Fund:
The main purpose of the Fund is to support training that is responsive to industry and employee training needs from entry-level skills development to career development. The Fund is meant to build skilled labour in response to local and Yukon needs.
Objective of the Training Fund:
To support residents of Haines Junction and Champagne and Aishihik First Nations Traditional Territory by providing educational opportunities to increase employment knowledge, skills and abilities to a high standard.
- Fund short-term training that will advance and enhance the Yukon labour force.
- Fund individuals who wish to retrain or refresh skills.
- Increase training opportunities and partnerships
- Increase the number of people with the skills necessary to obtain work in various economic sectors.
- Support training that increases opportunities for Yukon workers to obtain employment and diversify their income, especially locally.
Who can apply?
- Must be a resident of Haines Junction or Champagne and Aishihik Traditional Territory for at least one year.
- Must be 18 or older (no educational level restriction).
- Must have sought other sources of funding (TIA, Social Assistance, RPAY, LDAY, etc.) as well as indicate financial need.
- Must have applied to a registered institution or credentialed course.
Who cannot apply?
- A person taking the course as part of a diploma/degree program.
- A person who works for any level of government or who is applying for a course required by employer.
Evaluation of Application:
- Must have completed the application for Training Trust Fund assistance legibly and signed it.
- Must state how taking the particular course or workshop could lead to greater employment opportunities (skill enhancement, essential skills).
- Applications must be received by the Monday prior to the quarterly meeting.
- Courses will not be funded retroactively.
Restrictions for funding:
- The Training Trust Fund Society Board reserves the right to refuse funding.
- Applicants must attend a minimum of 75% of classes and complete the course.
- Invoices/payment receipts must be received by the Treasurer not more than 30 days after course completion. If not, the TTF is not obligated to reimburse. Approved applications that remain incomplete for more than 90 days, inclusive of the initial 30 day deadline, will be considered inactive and the applicant’s file will be closed.
The Training Trust Fund Society Board meets quarterly on the last Wednesday of the month. Upcoming meetings:
- May 25, 2016
- August 31, 2016
- November 30, 2016
- February 22, 2017
- Registration or tuition for the course (receipts required)
- Consumable materials, textbooks, supplementary materials (receipt required)
- If travel is required, costs such as accommodation or fares may be considered.
Training Eligible for Funding:
- First aid and rescue courses
- Entry level skill training in areas such as finances, marketing, web design, tourism, mining, etc.
For more information or support with your application, please contact:
Vera Owlchild, CAFN Post Secondary Employment and Training Manager, (867) 456-6884 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruth Lawrence, Haines Junction Training Trust Fund Society, (867) 634-2020