Regular Full-Time, starting as soon as possible Competition #20-21-22
Salary: Level 8 – $75,123.00 – $87,883.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Property Manager, the Building Engineer is responsible for the operation, installation, control, monitoring, maintenance, testing and repair of all heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) and mechanical systems including power generators, chillers, compressors and other auxiliary equipment in the Da Kų Cultural Centre, the Language Hub building and potentially other CAFN buildings, as needed in order to provide optimum physical environmental conditions for the occupants and staff.
Education and Experience:
Completion of a Certificate or Diploma program, or apprenticeship accreditation program leading to qualification as a Building Services Technician, Building Systems Technician, Facilities Technician, or Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Technician or HVAC Technician. Experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of Commercial and/or Institutional building systems such as HVAC systems, Boilers, Compressors; and/or commercial coolers and freezers. Experience operating a variety of specialized maintenance tools and equipment, including test equipment required for the operation, maintenance, and repair of building systems and equipment. Experience working with Computer Maintenance Management Systems, Building Automation or Management Control Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs). Possession of a 4th Class Power Engineer’s Certificate of Competency or Possession of a Provincial or the Inter-provincial Standard (Red Seal) Endorsement for Refrigeration and Air Conditioning or Millwrights or College Graduate in the field of HVAC systems or Mechanical systems is required. An acceptable equivalent combination of relevant Building Trade, Technician, Technologist, and/or stationary engineer qualifications and experience will also be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Willing to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Reliability status security check
- Valid Standard First Aid certificate and CPR (or willingness to obtain within 3 months of hire)
- Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license
- Willing and able to lift and carry items weighing up to 23 kg.
- Willing to work towards obtaining a 4th Class Building Engineer’s Certificate and/or training in field of HVAC systems or Mechanical systems
- Willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and safety gear
- WHMIS (must be obtained within 6 months of hire)
- Able and willing to travel to CAFN Yukon communities and occasional travel outside of Yukon
- Willingness to occasionally work on evenings, weekends, and/or holidays – overtime, call back, or shift work
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Description:JD_Da Ku Building Engineer_Aug 10, 2020
Deadline: 4:30 pm on August 21, 2020
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer Fax: (867) 634-7071
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245