Dakwakada Capital Investments LP is a privately-held investment firm located in Whitehorse, Yukon. Our sole-shareholder is the Champagne and Aishihik Trust, an organization whose purpose is to hold and manage most investment and business assets of the Champagne and Aishihik First Nations, based in Haines Junction, Yukon.
The Bookkeeper & Administrative Coordinator performs a range of finance and bookkeeping activities, including payroll, journal entries, expense processing, credit card statement reconciliation, etc. The role also provides administrative support to the President and Management Team, manages office supply inventories and service providers / vendors. The position will also assist with the preparation of communications, including but not limited to Board of Directors Meeting packages, annual presentations and updates to CAFN Citizens.
- Entering financial information and transactions into Quickbooks, including accounts payable and receivable. Preparing cheques and electronic payments. Performing bank and credit card reconciliations and managing petty cash. Bank deposits.
- Preparation of semi-monthly payroll, processing expense claims and Board honorariums.
- Managing calendar for government remittances – payroll, GST and WCB.
- Providing administrative support to the President and Management Team, including calendar management, travel coordination, expense report preparation, drafting documents, etc.
- Performing a wide range of administrative functions, such as filing, document archiving, financial data entry, website maintenance, and monitoring emails, mail, and deliveries.
- Organizing and coordinating meetings, conferences, special events, presentations as well as arranging travel and accommodations for management, board members and employees.
- Providing Board of Directors support including compilation of the board packages and coordination of Board meetings.
- Providing reception services, greeting visitors, answering telephone inquiries.
- Maintaining office and kitchen supply inventory, including coordinating replenishment orders.
- Taking concise and accurate Meeting Minutes, followed by timely production and distribution to participants.
- Coordinating third-party and vendor services such as water delivery, photocopier servicing and paper shredding.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree / diploma, or recognized equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Office Administration or similar.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a professional office setting performing similar work.
- Payroll and Bookkeeping experience with Quickbooks an asset.
- Well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Perceptive listening skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Effective time management and organizational skills; can balance multiple concurrent projects and priorities.
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- A collaborator, able to build and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Enjoys coming to work and contributes to an effective, efficient team while also having fun.
Applicants must have current work authorization in Canada as sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
As a 100% First Nation-owned business, we strongly encourage submissions from qualified CAFN and other Yukon First Nation Citizens, as well as those from other territories and provinces.
If you are a dedicated and motivated finance and administrative professional looking for a challenging and rewarding place to continue growing your career, we look forward to hearing from you.
While we thank and appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Please send resumes to:
Human Resources Manager