Attention CAFN Citizens – CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Dän tsʼän Shānindhän (Caring person, someone who cares for others)
COVID Checkpoint Officers – Auxiliary On-Call Position
Champagne and Aishihik First Nations (CAFN) is calling for expressions of interest from CAFN Citizens for the position of Dän tsʼän Shānindhän (Caring person, someone who cares for others) COVID-19 staff – Auxiliary On-Call Position.
Required: ASAP – March 31, 2022 (with possibility of extension).
Location: Haines Junction, Takhini River Subdivision and Klukshu.
These positions are part of the CAFN team working to keep CAFN communities and Dän safe during the pandemic. Dän tsʼän Shānindhän (Caring person, someone who cares for others)– COVID-19 staff will work in Takhini, Shadhäla and Dakwäkäda to support CAFN Dän and visitors to our communities to be cautious, vigilant, and follow all of the required practices to stay safe during the pandemic.
Job Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate will have conflict resolution skills, and be good at effectively communicating with the public. Patience, empathy, good judgement, moral fitness, ethical standards, and healthy lifestyle are essential to this position. Successful candidates will be provided some on-the-job training to assist them in this position.
Conditions of Employment
• First Aid/CPR certification (or ability to obtain)
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s license will be considered an asset
• Compliance with CAFN Occupational Health & Safety policies
• Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
• All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
There are no guarantee of hours for this position. This position may be called to work on short notice.
An eligibility list will be created from this call out.
Deadline for submission: Open until filled
Send current Resume and supporting documents to:
Janet Van Bibber
Spirit Builder, Citizen Services
Phone: (867) 335-9309
Fax: (867) 634-2180