Attention CAFN Citizens Only
CAFN is looking for up to 6 people to fulfill the role of “Crew Member” for the CAFN Community Maintenance and Improvement Program.
Date: Early June to late September 2022
Location: Haines Junction – with travel to CAFN Communities
Job Summary: This casual position is to support community beautification projects within CAFN traditional territory. In collaboration with team members, a Crew Member is responsible for completing projects to help beautify CAFN’s communities. Community projects may include, but are not limited to, landscaping, labouring, painting, fixing traditional structures (like smokehouses), supporting camps/set-up, working at the General Assembly (supporting set-up and operations as needed), community clean-up, brush cutting and other projects as assigned.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Providing labour on various tasks and assignments
- Working cooperatively in a team environment to ensure projects are completed
- By showing respect to other members of the crew and on jobs sites
- Maintaining tools on the job site, using them safely and storing them properly
- Establishing temporary/maintain work camps for the Work Crew to support projects in CAFN communities
- Travel to CAFN communities during the project and may require overnight/multi-day camping
- Acceptable criminal record check
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
Deadline for submission: Open until filled
Send current Resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 335-5086