Attention CAFN Youth Only
Term position – Posted July 28, 2022
CAFN Property Services is seeking applications from First Nation Youth, between 15 and 30 years old, to work as a Trainee with the department to gain work experience within the housing sector.
Date: ASAP to March 31, 2023
Wage: 3A – $22.02/hr
Location: Haines Junction
We need help both in the building and housing construction/renovation/maintenance field, as well as office administration and tenant relations.
The funding for this Trainee position from CMHC is available until March 31, 2023; however, the Youth Trainee position may be available beyond that date, pending availability of additional funding for the Trainee position.
For more information see HIIY Fact Sheet-2022-23, or contact Terry at 634-5232.
What is the Housing Internship for Indigenous Youth (HIIY)?
A youth employment initiative providing work experience and on-the-job training for Indigenous youth.
The goal of the program is to assist youth in gaining work experience and pursuing long-term employment in the housing sector, or a related field.
- Indigenous youth between the ages of 15 and 30 inclusive.
- Must not be otherwise employed during the internship.
- Must not be receiving Employment Insurance benefits or must agree to discontinue the benefits before the start of the internship.
- Basic carpentry experience is an asset. Office experience is an asset for administrative positions.
- Valid Yukon Class 5 Drivers License is an asset
- Standard First Aid & CPR, is preferred
- WHMIS, or willingness to obtain
- Hazard Assessment training will be considered an asset
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
Deadline for submission: Open until filled
Send current Resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 335-5086