Senior Director of Citizen Services Competition #20-21-19
Regular Full-Time, starting ASAP
Salary: Level 11 – $112,730 – $131,878.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
The purpose of the Citizen Services Department is to provide holistic citizen services designed to improve the overall health and well-being of CAFN individuals, families, and communities.
Reporting to the Executive Director and sitting as a member of the Executive Committee, this senior position provides strategic advice to First Nations Council, and directs the activities of the Citizen Services Department, including planning and evaluating in the areas of Community Wellness, Language and Culture, and Education.
Education and Experience:
Successful completion of a degree in Public or Business Administration, or related discipline along with several years’ experience in a senior public sector position, preferably in a First Nations environment. Proven leadership and supervision skills are required. Experience administering programs such as Education, Language and Culture, and/or Community Wellness would be asset. Those with extensive years of relevant training and/or experience may be equally considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Record Check
- Willing and able to travel to other CAFN communities and field camps
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Attendance at the General Assemblies
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Description: JD_Senior Director Citizen Services July 24 2020
Deadline: 4:30 pm on August 7, 2020
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Fax: (867) 634-7071
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245