Regular Full-time Competition #20-21-24
Salary: Level 9 – $84,889.00 – $103,183.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Director of Heritage, Lands, and Resources, this position develops, directs, coordinates, manages, implements, and evaluates a wide variety of programs, projects, and initiatives related to CAFN Land Management. This position oversees CAFN’s lands planning and forest resource programs by implementing a Dän K’e approach to lands management, assisting CAFN government and its Citizens in fulfilling their respective roles as stewards of and voices of their heritage, and ensuring CAFN effectively fulfils its mandate and responsibilities under the CAFN Final Agreement and other agreements.
Education and Experience:
Degree in lands management, forestry management, natural resource management, or a related discipline, along with considerable experience in project or program management. Experience managing human and financial resources is required. Research and report writing skills are essential. Experience in using database and GIS systems is required. Those with a diploma in lands management or related discipline along with 2-3 years of relevant training and/or experience may be equally considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Record Check
- Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license
- Valid First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain
- Willing and able to travel to other CAFN communities
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: JD_Land and Planning Manager_July 27 2020
Deadline: 4:30 pm on August 28, 2020
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Fax: (867) 634-7071
Phone: (867) 335-1514