Regular Full-time Competition #20-21-30
Salary: Level 9 – $84,889.00 – $103,183.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Director of Language and Culture, this position is responsible for overseeing the development and delivery of cultural and community programs, projects, exhibits and associated policies and procurement of exhibition pieces for the Da Kų Cultural Centre Dakwäkäda. A primary function of this position is also to develop funding applications and proposals, including budgets related to cultural projects, programs, heritage displays, and exhibits within CAFN. The Manager will ensure that CAFN programs reflect all stages of life – child, youth, adult and elder. The position is responsible for ensuring various relationships are established and maintained, and for liaising within the community.
Education and Experience:
Diploma in Cultural Resource Management, anthropology/archaeology, museums studies, First Nations studies, or a related field along with considerable experience in project or program management, preferably in collection management and development of exhibits/collections and/or cultural programming. Experience managing human and financial resources is required. Research and report writing skills are essential. Those with 2-3 years of relevant training and/or experience may be equally considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Record Check.
- Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license.
- Standard First Aid and CPR or willingness to obtain.
- Willing and able to travel to other CAFN communities
- Willingness to work variable hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- Ability to lift and carry light-weight objects such as supplies, equipment, laptops, etc.
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: Cultural Education Manager July 21 2020 final draft
Deadline: 4:30 pm on October 9, 2020
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Fax: (867) 634-7071
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245