Regular Full-time, starting November 1, 2020 Competition #20-21-31
Salary: Level 10 – $100,720.00 – $122,426.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Senior Director, Citizen Services this position directs the activities of the Department of Community Wellness, including planning and evaluating in the areas of family and child welfare, nutrition, wellness promotions, addictions, community health, mental health, Elders activities, income assistance and youth & recreation.
Education and Experience:
Successful completion of a degree in Social Work, Public or Business Administration, or related discipline. With several years’ experience in a senior public sector position, preferably administrating First Nations social, health and wellness programs or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Records Check
- Valid Yukon class 5 driver’s licence
- Willing and able to travel to other CAFN communities
- Willingness to work variable hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Attendance at the General Assemblies is a requirement of this position.
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- Ability to lift and carry light-weight objects such as supplies, equipment, laptops, etc.
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: JD_Director of Community Wellness
Deadline: 4:30 pm on October 19, 2020
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Fax: (867) 634-7071
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245