Finance Manager Competition #20-21-32 Salary: Level 9 – $84,889.00 – $103,183.00 Robust Benefits and Pension Package Location: Haines Junction
Under the direction of the Director of Finance, this position is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the Champagne and Aishihik First Nation financial system, the quality and timeliness of financial data for reports, for assisting in the development of accounting standards, policies, and procedures and the supervision of the accounting staff and performs other duties.
Education and Experience:
Post-secondary education in finance, accounting, business, or related field. Experience managing human and financial resources is required. Research and report writing skills are essential. Experience in using database and information management systems such as AIS would be an asset. Professional designation as a Certified Aboriginal Financial Manager would be an asset. Those with 2-3 years of relevant training and/or experience may be equally considered.
Conditions of Employment:
• Criminal Record Check.
• Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license.
• Willing and able to travel to other CAFN communities
• Willingness to work variable hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
• Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
• All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: 102_Finance Manager_Oct 28 2020 final
Deadline: 4:30 pm on November 6, 2020
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer Fax: (867) 634-7071
Phone: (867) 335-1514