Competition #20-21-34 Aboriginal Information System (AIS)/Finance Assistant
Salary: Level 6 – $58,832.00 – $68,825.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the AIS/Finance Assistant is directly responsible for performing all AIS finance functions, including disbursing non-payroll accounts payable to individuals, suppliers, corporations, and other entities; issuing T4As and T5s; batch and Journal entries and other spreadsheets. This position maintains ledgers, credit balances, and account irregularities. The incumbent will also ensure the timely and accurate processing of payment documents and provides standard reports required by Government to ensure compliance. In addition, this position manages and provides support to the departments using the Aboriginal Information System (AIS) computerized data system and performs other related duties.
Education and Experience:
Post-secondary diploma or certificate in accounting, finance, or business administration combined with experience using Microsoft Office and computerized accounting such as SAGE Accounts Payable/Receivables, Payroll, and General Ledger. Experience working with AIS software or equivalent database tools and Excel is required. Those with 2-3 years of relevant training and/or experience may be equally considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license.
- Criminal Records Check
- Ability and willingness to travel to CAFN communities
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: JD AIS_Finance Assistant Final draft Oct 22 2020
Deadline: 4:30 pm on November 27, 2020
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 335-1514