Salary: Level 11 – $114,985.00 – $134,516.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Executive Director and sitting as a member of the Executive Committee, this senior position provides strategic advice to First Nations Council, and directs the activities of the Nation Services Department including planning and evaluation in the areas of Heritage, Lands and Resources, Economic Development, and Governance.
Education and Experience:
Successful completion of a degree in Public or Business Administration, Heritage Management, Resource Management or Land Management along with several years’ experience in a senior public sector position, preferably in a First Nations environment. Proven leadership and supervision skills are required. Those with extensive years of relevant training and/or experience may be equally considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Record Check
- Willing and able to travel to other CAFN communities
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
Job description: JD_Senior Director of Nation Services_July 24 2020
Deadline: 4:30 pm on February 26, 2021
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 335-1514