Fixed Term Full-time (April 5, 2021 – October 1, 2021) Competition #20-21-39
Salary: Level 6 – $30.67 – $35.88 per hour
Robust Benefits Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Employment & Training Officer, this position coordinate’s the Summer Student Program. The coordinator’s role is to assist in the development of Champagne Aishihik First Nations Summer Student Support Program with the development, delivery and evaluation of the CAFN summer activities in correlation with CAFN’s overall Vision and the operating manual. The Summer Student Coordinator also supervises the summer students.
Education and Experience:
Grade 12 with experience and/or training in administration preferably in working within a First Nation. Work experience as a coordinator would be an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid Yukon class 5 driver’s license with clear Driver’s Abstract
- Class 4 drivers would be an asset
- Current First Aid certificate is an asset
- Criminal records with vulnerable sector check
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: Job Posting_Summer Student Coordinator_January 19, 2021
Deadline: 4:30 pm on February 5, 2021
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 335-1514