Salary: Level 9 – $86,586.00 – $105,246.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Director of Community Wellness, this position is responsible for managing the Community Wellness Team and supervising the Case Managers, Child and Family Support Worker, Community Support Workers, Justice Coordinator and Income Assistance Case Manager positions. The Wellness Manager works closely with the Director of Community Wellness and with program managers in several departments to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of social program services.
Education and Experience:
Degree in Social Work or related field, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience directing community-based health, social and/or wellness programs, and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience is required. Strong managerial and administrative experience in a government setting is required.
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid Yukon class 5 driver’s license with clear Driver’s Abstract
- Current First Aid certificate is an asset
- Criminal records check
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: JD_Wellness Manager_October 10, 2019
Deadline: 4:30 pm on February 5, 2021
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 335-1514