Term Full-time (ASAP to March 31, 2022)
Salary: Level 6 – $60, 009.00 – $70, 202.00
Robust Benefits Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Program Manager, this position provides wellness, social, training and employment support services and advocacy to program participants in order to remove the historic barriers to employment and enable them to successfully pursue advanced education and / or sustainable employment. This position works collaboratively as a member of the CAFN Community Wellness Team, and performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Successful completion of a two-year diploma in a social services field, combined with a minimum of three years’ experience in providing social support services. An equivalent combination of training and experience in the Social Work, Health Care, Wellness or Education fields will be considered. Relevant experience working in a First Nation Government setting is considered an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
- Valid Driver’s License with clean Driver’s abstract
- Standard or Wilderness First Aid (current or willing to obtain within 6 months of employment)
- Clear Criminal Record check
- Must be willing to maintain confidentiality
- Must be willing to act as a positive force in the community, showing an example of a balanced lifestyle and does their best to be an example of Dän Shäwthän.
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: JD Dan Tsananan Utsʼän näkūli Support worker _Dec2019
Deadline: 4:30 pm on April 6, 2021
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 335-1514