Term Full-Time (ASAP – June 2, 2023)
Salary: Level 9 – $86,933.00 – $105,667.00
Robust Benefits Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Director of Property Services, this position develops, directs, coordinates, manages, implements, and evaluates a wide variety of projects and initiatives related to CAFN municipal infrastructure and operations. The position provides internal project management and contract management for municipal projects. This position oversees the construction of municipal infrastructure, repair and maintenance of municipal infrastructure and equipment, and oversees water treatment and water delivery operations to ensure safe, clean water is provided and adheres to the Yukon Government regulations, and performs other related duties.
Education and Experience:
Post-Secondary Diploma in Civil Engineering or related field, and considerable experience in municipal government and in project management. Experience managing human and financial resources is required. Ability to acquire certification in water treatment and water delivery. Some road construction experience as well as repair knowledge of municipal systems is required. Research and report writing skills are essential. A Project Management Certification would be an asset. Proficiency in MS Office Suite is required. Experience with database would be an asset. Those with 2-3 years of relevant training and/or experience may be equally considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Record Check
- Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license with driver’s abstract and have a vehicle; Class 1 would be an asset.
- Must wear CSA approved personal protective equipment, as required
- Valid First Aid Certificate and WHMIS or willing to obtain
- Maintain certification for water handling operations
- Willing and able to frequently travel to other CAFN communities
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: JD Municipal Services Manager Nov 9 2020
Deadline: 4:30 pm on May 4, 2021
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245