Term Full-Time (ASAP – March 31, 2022)
Salary: Level 6 – $30.79 – $36.02 per hour
Robust Benefits Package
Location: Takhini River Subdivision
Reporting to the Wellness Supports Manager, this position works with CAFN families & Citizens to provide support and access to culturally relevant programs and activities to promote healing, wellness and community cohesion. This position collaborates with both the Wellness, Cultural & Family Support teams and plays a role in creating connections and support between the traditional teachings (Dän K’e) and spiritual, mental, emotional and physical healing and wellbeing.
Education and Experience:
Successful completion of high school is desired but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of Dän K’e way is a must
- Experience in supporting families with cultural and wellness activities
- Experience working in a First Nation community is an asset.
- Experience with food preparation and driving clients is an asset
Conditions of Employment:
- Standard First Aid Certification (current)
- Class 5 driver’s License with Clear Drivers Abstract. Class 4 Driver’s license would be an asset
- Clear Criminal Records Check
- Food Safe level 1
- Willing and able to occasionally travel to other CAFN communities
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: JD_Community Support Worker_August 2019
Deadline: 4:30 pm on April 28, 2021
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245