Salary: Level 7 – $68,081.00 – $79,645.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Land and Planning Manager, and working closely with the department staff, this position supports CAFN’s lands planning and forest resource programs by implementing a Dan K’e approach to lands management, assisting CAFN government and its Citizens in fulfilling their respective roles as stewards of and voices of their heritage, and ensuring CAFN effectively fulfils its mandate and responsibilities under the CAFN Final Agreement and other agreements, and performs other related duties.
Education and Experience:
Successful completion of post-secondary education in land management, forestry management, natural resource management, or a related discipline, along with some related project or working in land or natural resource management. Research and report writing skills are essential. Experience in using database and mapping software is required. An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Record Check
- Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license
- Valid Wilderness First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Willing and able to travel to other CAFN communities
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: Land Management Officer April 13 2021 final draft
Deadline: 4:30pm May 7, 2021
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245