Term Full-Time (ASAP to June 2023) Competition #21-22-17
Salary: Level 4 – $24.14 – $28.21 per hour
Robust Benefits Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Shawkwunlee Daycare Manager, this position is responsible for the Centre’s food service program, and is required to provide age-appropriate nutritious meals and snacks using traditional and non-traditional foods prepared in accordance with Canada’s Aboriginal Food Guide and special dietary needs. The position is an active team member within the Daycare, interacts appropriately and effectively with young children, maintains effective working relationships with parents/caregivers, colleagues and allied professionals, and adheres to policies, regulations, and accepted and best practices governing the Daycare and the provision of food services.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge of traditional food gathering, preservation and cooking techniques
Experience in food preparation and serving practices
Experience in cooking a variety of meals for groups
Knowledge of food safety for young children.
Experience in meal planning
Familiarity with applicable occupational health and safety standards
Dietary and allergy awareness re: food preparation.
Food Safe Certification
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license.
- Acceptable Criminal Records Check
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Proof of TB test
- Doctor’s note stating “fit for work”
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description:JD_Shawkwunlee Daycare Cook_Feb 7 2020
Deadline: 4:30 pm on May 31, 2021
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245