Casual Full-time – June 2021 – September 2021
Salary: Level 6 – Starting at $30.79/hour
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Youth Program Officer, this position assists with the development and overall coordination and delivery of youth recreational and personal development programs with emphasis on cultural relevance. This position will also provide administrative support to program projects, as assigned by the Youth Coordinator and performs other related duties.
Education and Experience:
Successful completion of grade twelve or equivalency combined with credit courses in child & youth care, recreation or other related fields, with experience in administration and program delivery
Experience working with youth, preferably in a coaching or mentoring setting would be considered an asset. Equivalent training and experience may be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Mandatory Criminal Records (vulnerable sector) check prior to starting within this position (limited one on one with youth prior to completion)
- Class 5 driver’s license and a willingness to obtain a Class 4 designation within six months from the date of hire
- Standard First Aid Certification & CPR or willingness to obtain within six months from the date of hire
- Food Safe Certificate or willingness to obtain within six months from the date of hire
- Willing to work evenings as required.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For a complete job description please check the CAFN website at www.cafn.ca or contact below.
Deadline: 4:30 pm on June 3, 2021
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245