Salary: Level 8 – $76,932 – $89,999
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Wellness Manager, this position is responsible for overseeing the Income Assistance Program for CAFN and providing case management to Income Assistance Clients. This position will also be providing comprehensive social support to CAFN Citizens in the areas of mental wellness, addictions and trauma, including outreach prevention, pre-treatment, support counselling, in collaboration with other Case Manager colleagues. This position may be responsible for coordinating intakes and administration of screening and assessment tools, along with aftercare and recovery programming.
Education and Experience:
Completion of a 2-year diploma in Social Work, Counselling, Psychology, Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing or related field with several years’ experience in counselling clients and managing cases, preferably in a First Nations environment. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
• A valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license.
• Criminal Records Check
• Valid First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain
• Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
• Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
• Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
• All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
An Under-fill may be considered for this competition.
For a complete job description please check the CAFN website at www.cafn.ca or contact below.
Deadline: 4:30 pm on August 27, 2021
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Fax: (867) 634-7071
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245