Regular Full Time
Salary: Level 7 – $68,081.00 – $79,645.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Wellness Manager, the Child and Family Support Worker is to assist and support children, families and community through community alternative processes; to build and stabilize strong family and community support systems, to provide parents with access to and use of professional and community resources that will ensure awareness of their legal rights and responsibilities, as well as other resources that will strengthen their abilities to raise their children in a risk free environment and to equip parents and families to address and uphold their responsibilities and obligations to their children when involved in the child welfare system.
Education and Experience:
- Diploma in Social Work, Child & Youth Care, Aboriginal Law/Justice or equivalent from a recognized institution in Canada. A Degree in one of the areas noted above is an asset;
- Current successful experience related to child/youth welfare is required;
- Experience with formal justice system operations; child protection legal proceedings, legal and professional support agencies for children & parents;
- Considerable experience with coordination, case management, mediation and conflict resolution specific to children & families with the ability to coordinate, attend and oversee on going case management meetings and awareness forums between CAFN Wellness department and Government of Yukon Department of Family & Children’s services;
- Knowledge of and considerable experience working within the parameters of child welfare legislation, policies, practice and administration as it relates to child protection matters;
- Experience working in a First Nation community is an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
- Clear Criminal Records check with Vulnerable Sector check prior to starting employment
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license & reliable transportation
- Valid Food Safe Certificate
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: JD_Child and Family Support Worker_July 9, 2019
Deadline: 4:30 pm on June 25, 2021
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245