Salary: Level 10 – $103,145.00 – $125,374.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Senior Director of Nation Services and sitting as a member of Management Committee, this senior position directs the activities of the Department of Heritage Land & Resources, including planning and evaluation in the areas of Heritage, Resource, Environmental and Land management. This position also administers the department, including performing budgeting and staffing activities; and performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Successful completion of a degree in Public or Business Administration, Resource Management or Land Management with training in financial and human resource management, with several years’ experience in a senior public sector position, preferably in a First Nations environment or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
Job description: Director of Heritage Lands Resources_JD _ July 21
Deadline: 4:30 pm on August 9, 2021
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 333-1514