Salary: Level 7 – $70,260.00 – $82,194.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Economic Development Manager, the Economic Development Officer (EDO) is responsible for providing value-added business development support services to Champagne and Aishihik First Nations (CAFN) entrepreneurs who are interested in starting or expanding a business. In addition, the EDO assists with projects based in CAFN communities that will build potential for regional economic development, entrepreneur opportunity and capacity, and performs other related duties.
Education and Experience:
Grade 12 with successful completion of a diploma in business administration, economics, commerce, marketing, public administration, or a related field. Experience in business, or economic development along with experience counselling business clients. Proficiency in MS Office is required. Research and analytical skills are essential. An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license.
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- Willingness to travel to meet clients, take training, and attend conferences as needed.
- Willingness to attend meetings outside regular working hours, and work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: JD_Economic Development Officer Nov 24 final
Deadline: Until filled
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 335-1514