Term Full-time (August 2021 – June 30, 2022)
Salary: Level 4 – $24.12 – $28.21 per hour
Robust Benefits Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Education Manager, the position is responsible for the St. Elias Community School food service program, and is required to provide age-appropriate nutritious meals and snacks using traditional and non-traditional foods prepared in accordance with Canada’s Aboriginal Food Guide and special dietary needs. The position is an active team member within the Community, interacts appropriately and effectively with children and youth and maintains effective working relationships with parents/caregivers, colleagues and allied professionals. The incumbent will adhere to policies, regulations, and accepted best practices with the provision of food services.
This position is based out of Haines Junction in the St. Elias Community School.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge of traditional food gathering, preservation and cooking techniques
Experience in food preparation and serving practices
Experience in cooking a variety of meals for groups
Knowledge of food safety for children and youth.
Experience in meal planning
Familiarity with applicable occupational health and safety standards
Dietary and allergy awareness re: food preparation.
Food Safe Certification
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license.
- Criminal Records Check
- Valid First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Flexibility in hours worked as directed
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
For a complete job description please check the CAFN website at www.cafn.ca or contact below.
Deadline: 4:30 pm on August 6, 2021
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 335-1514