Salary: Level 7 – $68,081.00 – $79,645.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction, YT
Under the direction of the Director of Governance, this position provides support to the Elders Senate and its Executive. This position also administers CAFN’s Citizen Enrollment process and acts as the Clerk of the Registrar of Laws, Clerk of the Central Registry, Enrollment Registrar and Constitutional Registrar for CAFN. This position also coordinates CAFN’s boards and committees’ appointment process, and performs other related Governance support duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Experience working with Elders and First Nations Citizens and specialized computer data training pertaining to population registry and enrollment would be an asset. A diploma in Business administration or Public Administration would also be an asset. An equivalent combination of training and experience will also be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
• A valid Yukon Class 5 Driver’s License
• Clear Criminal Records Check
• Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
• Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
• Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
• All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job Description: JD-Elders and Governance Officer July 16, 2021.pdf.
Deadline: 4:30 pm on September 14, 2021
Send current resumes and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 335-1514 or email@example.com