Salary: Level 8 – $76,932.00 – $89,999.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this position is responsible for providing comprehensive Human Resources support to managers and employees of the Champagne & Aishihik First Nation (CAFN). By working in partnership with the Director and other Human Resources (HR) team members, the HR Officer will research, design, develop, and implement a variety of Human Resource services and initiatives, assist with the recruitment and retention of staff, and remain compliant with relevant regulations.
Education and Experience:
Post-Secondary Diploma in Human Resource Management, Business, or related field. Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in Human Resources or a related discipline combined with experience working with First Nations governments. Proficiency in MS Office is required. Research and analytical skills are essential. Those with 2-3 years of relevant training and/or experience may be equally considered.
Conditions of Employment:
• A Yukon Class 5 driver’s license
• Criminal record check
• Willing and able to travel to other CAFN communities
• Willing to work flexible hours
• Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
• Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
• All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: Human Resources Officer JD Oct 28 2020 final
Deadline: Until Filled
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245