Term Dates: September 30, 2021 – September 30, 2026
Salary: Level 8 – $76,932 – $89,999
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Heritage Manager, the position is responsible for appraising, selecting, arranging, describing, and preparing finding aids for the Department of Heritage, Lands and Resources (HLR’s) archival records. This position oversees Champagne and Aishihik First Nations (CAFN)’s archive by implementing a Dän K’e approach to archival and records management, assisting CAFN Government and its Citizens in fulfilling their respective roles as stewards of, and voices of their information and the archival collections, and performs other related duties.
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in history, art history, library science, or records management is required. Preference may be given to those with a Master’s degree in Archival Science. Considerable experience working in archives and/or records management within a government and/or corporate setting. Proficiency in MS Office is required. An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license
- Criminal Record Check
- Willing to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Willing and able to travel between CAFN offices and to other CAFN communities, when required
- Ability to lift and carry objects and materials weighing up to 20 kg.
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: JD Archivist September 2021.
Deadline: 4:30 pm on September 21, 2021
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Fax: (867) 634-7071
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245