Salary: Level 8 – $76,932.00 – $89,999.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Under the direction of the Administration and Information Manager, this position is responsible for executing the contribution agreement and contract administration process and the administration of all contribution agreements, contracts, tenders, and requests for proposals (RFPs) within Champagne and Aishihik First Nations (CAFN). It also assists program managers with contract and financial management services including advising on contract management, financial and variance reporting and assisting with budget preparation for projects and/or initiatives that are externally funded and performs other related duties.
Education and Experience:
Diploma in business management or related field. Experience in a contract administration is required. Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required. Experience using computerized financial systems such as SAGE would be an asset. Those with 2-3 years of relevant training and/or experience may be equally considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid Yukon Class 5 Driver’s License
- Criminal Records Check
- Willing and able to travel to other CAFN communities, as required
- Willingness to work overtime, as required
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: Funding and Contract Officer Oct 27 2021 final
Deadline: 4:30 pm on November 15, 2021
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245