Regular Full-Time, starting ASAP
Salary: Level 7 – $70,260.00 – $82,194.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Fish and Wildlife Manager, this position supports CAFN’s land based and fish and wildlife programs by implementing a Dän K’e approach to everyday work. It oversees the CAFN Guardian Program which continues the tradition of watching over, respecting and protecting the lands, waters and resources of dákéyi while asserting the contemporary authority as a self-governing First Nation, and performs other related duties.
Education and Experience:
Post-Secondary education in a program or discipline related to natural resource management, environmental science, conservation, outdoor recreation, or Indigenous/First Nations studies is preferred, along with some related experience working with First Nations in decolonized approaches. Proficiency in MS Office is required. Experience with remote field data collection, scheduling/work planning, community/youth engagement, and project management is required. Experience supervising staff would be an asset. Research and report writing skills are essential. An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Record Check
- Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license
- Firearms Possession and Acquisition Certificate
- Boat Operator Certificate, All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) certificate, Snow machine Operations Certificate, Valid Wilderness First Aid Certificate, or willing to obtain.
- Willing to wear a uniform.
- Willing and able to travel to other CAFN communities
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description:JD_Guardians Leader_March 2022
Deadline: 4:30 pm on May 6, 2022
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 335-1514