Shadhäla Äshèyi yè Kwädän, Champagne and Aishihik First Nations or CAFN, is located in the Yukon Territory and northern B.C. We have one of the most spectacular workplaces in the Yukon and CAFN is one of the First Nations leading the way in Self-Government in Canada.
Our people (dän) are deeply connected to Dákeyi (our land). We are actively building Dän K’e (our culture and beliefs) back into all that we do.
Through our offices in Dakwäkäda (Haines Junction) and Kwänlin (Whitehorse) our goal is to hire CAFN Citizens as well as skilled people from the Yukon, Canada and beyond, who will help us continue to grow and innovate our Self Government. We are a competitive employer with strong family and cultural values and generous benefits, and we welcome your interest in advancing our Self Government through employment with our nation.
Term Full-time (ASAP to March 31, 2023)
Salar: Level 6 – $31.78 – $37.18 per hour
Robust Benefits Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Manager of Wellness, this position is responsible for safely transporting CAFN Citizens and families on various outings and events across the Yukon and providing related support services within the Department. This position is also responsible for ensuring maintenance of the CAFN bus and other vehicles, maintaining basic records, and performing other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Completion of Grade 12 or GED. Experience providing assistance in a variety of situations is required. Safe driving experience in extreme weather conditions, including snow and ice is required. Experience transporting clients as a bus or shuttle driver would be an asset. Preference will be given to those with experience working in a First Nation community. An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check, prior to start of employment
- Valid Yukon Class 4 driver’s license with Clear Driver’s abstract
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Physically able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs and assisting Citizens with mobility issues
- Willing and able to travel to other CAFN communities
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job description: JD_Community Support Bus Driver_April 22, 2022
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 335-5086