Shadhäla Äshèyi yè Kwädän, Champagne and Aishihik First Nations or CAFN, is located in the Yukon Territory and northern B.C. We have one of the most spectacular workplaces in the Yukon and CAFN is one of the First Nations leading the way in Self-Government in Canada.
Our people (dän) are deeply connected to Dákeyi (our land). We are actively building Dän K’e (our culture and beliefs) back into all that we do.
Through our offices in Dakwäkäda (Haines Junction) and Kwänlin (Whitehorse) our goal is to hire CAFN Citizens as well as skilled people from the Yukon, Canada and beyond, who will help us continue to grow and innovate our Self Government. We are a competitive employer with strong family and cultural values and generous benefits, and we welcome your interest in advancing our Self Government through employment with our nation.
Municipal Maintenance Worker / Water Operator 2
Start date: Immediately
Salary: Level 7 – $70,260.00 – $82,194.00
Robust Benefits & Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Under the direction of Municipal Foreperson, this position performs a wide range of technical, skilled and semi-skilled maintenance and repair work; operates, maintains, and monitors the Water Treatment plant and water delivery trucks; operates a wide variety of equipment in the construction, operation, repair, maintenance and replacement of Municipal Services’ facilities and systems; and performs other duties.
Education and Experience:
Grade 10 or equivalent is required along with training and/or experience in truck operation and maintenance. Completion of courses require for Small Water Systems of the Yukon Water and Waste Operator Program or equivalent program, or willingness to obtain certification. An equivalent combination of training and/or experience will be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
• Willing to respect and maintain confidentiality;
• Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license with a clear driver’s abstract (upon hire);
• Valid Yukon 3 Driver’s licences with air endorsement (must be obtained within 6 months of hire); Class 1 would be an asset;
• Training and coursework in Bulk Water Delivery, and willing to take further training as required;
• WHMIS certification and Standard First Aid with CPR, or willingness to obtain;
• Willingness and able to travel to CAFN communities and Whitehorse on a frequent basis in all types of weather;
• Willingness to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and safety gear;
• Willingness to occasionally work on evenings, weekends and/or holidays with frequent overtime; and
• All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
An Eligibility List will be created from this posting.
Deadline: Open until filled
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Phone: (867) 335-1514