Shadhäla Äshèyi yè Kwädän, Champagne and Aishihik First Nations or CAFN, is located in the Yukon Territory and northern B.C. We have one of the most spectacular workplaces in the Yukon and CAFN is one of the First Nations leading the way in Self-Government in Canada.
Our people (dän) are deeply connected to Dákeyi (our land). We are actively building Dän K’e (our culture and beliefs) back into all that we do.
Through our offices in Dakwäkäda (Haines Junction) and Kwänlin (Whitehorse) our goal is to hire CAFN Citizens as well as skilled people from the Yukon, Canada and beyond, who will help us continue to grow and innovate our Self Government. We are a competitive employer with strong family and cultural values and generous benefits, and we welcome your interest in advancing our Self Government through employment with our nation.
Term Full Time (ASAP – March 31, 2024)
Salary: Level 7 – $70,260.00 – $82,194.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Wellness Manager, the Child and Family Support Worker is to assist and support children, families and community through community alternative processes; to build and stabilize strong family and community support systems, to provide parents with access to and use of professional and community resources that will ensure awareness of their legal rights and responsibilities, as well as other resources that will strengthen their abilities to raise their children in a risk free environment and to equip parents and families to address and uphold their responsibilities and obligations to their children when involved in the child welfare system.
Education and Experience:
- Diploma in Social Work, Child & Youth Care, Aboriginal Law/Justice or equivalent from a recognized institution in Canada. A Degree in one of the areas noted above is an asset;
- Current successful experience related to child/youth welfare is required;
- Experience with formal justice system operations; child protection legal proceedings, legal and professional support agencies for children & parents;
- Considerable experience with coordination, case management, mediation and conflict resolution specific to children & families with the ability to coordinate, attend and oversee on going case management meetings and awareness forums between CAFN Wellness department and Government of Yukon Department of Family & Children’s services;
- Knowledge of and considerable experience working within the parameters of child welfare legislation, policies, practice and administration as it relates to child protection matters;
- Experience working in a First Nation community is an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
- Clear Criminal Records check with Vulnerable Sector check prior to starting employment
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license & reliable transportation
- Valid Food Safe Certificate
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: JD_Child and Family Support Worker_July 9, 2019
Deadline: Open until filled
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Monique Martin – Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 456-6888 ext. 340