Term Full-time – 2 Positions (2 year term starting May 2, 2023)
Salary: Dependent on training and experience
Robust Benefits Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Daycare Manager, this position will be responsible for promoting good health in children and ensuring a safe, healthy physical environment while creating a learning environment that meets the emotional, physical, social, and cognitive needs of young children. The Early Childhood Educator is responsible for maintaining good communication with parents, staff, and community; and performs other duties as necessary. The position actively participates in ongoing program initiatives intended to integrate early lerrning with whole family learning, and CAFN language and culture.
Education and Experience:
Grade 10 education. Level I to III Early Childhood Education Certification is preferred, though training opportunities are available to those willing to obtain certificate. Experience working with children, preferably in a daycare setting. Some knowledge of Southern Tutchone language would be an asset. A combination of education, training and/or experience may be equally considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Willing to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Early Childhood Development certification in Yukon or willingness to obtain
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check prior to starting employment
- Valid First Aid certificate with Level C CPR training
- Food Safe Certificate
- Medical clearance, ’fit to work’ designation
- Current immunization record – TB test
- Valid Class 5 Yukon Driver’s License would be an asset.
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: JD_Early Childhood Educator _Sept 27 2019
Deadline: 4:30 pm on March 17, 2023
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245