Salary: Level 7 – $74,405.00 – $87,043.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Property Manager, this position manages and coordinates repairs and renovations in CAFN residential units, community buildings and infrastructure. The incumbent will be responsible for supervising skilled apprentices, semi-skilled helpers/labourers, and contracted trades professionals for the purposes of managing and overseeing the repairs of any properties or renovations and maintenance on a regular basis. This position may also oversee special projects; performs skilled Carpenter and related building trades functions and other related duties.
Education and Experience:
Grade 12 graduation with journeyman certification in carpentry or related building construction certification and 4 years or more of work experience in home and community building renovations, and construction, or an equivalent combination of training and work experience. Supervisory experience will be required.
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license
- Criminal Records Check
- Valid First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: JD-Field-Foreman-Aug-30-2021-signed
Deadline: Open until filled
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245