Term Full-time (ASAP to June 22, 2024)
Salary: Level 5 $29.78 – $34.84 per hour
Robust Benefits Package
Location: Haines Junction
Under the direction of the Heritage, Lands and Resources (HLR) Director, this position provides a wide range of secretarial, reception, administrative and clerical support to the HLR department; ensures all departmental financial records are accurate and up to date, provides financial assistance to departmental staff and performs records management among other duties.
Education and Experience:
Requirement of Grade 12 completion with post-secondary education or training and equivalent experience in office administration or a secretarial program supplemented with course work in bookkeeping/accounting or an equivalent combination of training and work experience on office administration.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Record Check.
- Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license would be asset.
- Willing and able to travel within Yukon communities, and outside Yukon as requested.
- Willingness to work variable hours, including evenings and weekends, as required.
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel.
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: JD_HLR Office Admin_June 6, 2023
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245