Salary: Level 8 – $84,078.00 – 98,359.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Property Manager, this position provides administration and coordination supports for renovations of rental units. This position coordinates resources and third parties/vendors for project execution, including tracking and analyzing projects performance, expenditures, procurement, and reporting.
The incumbent is responsible for the oversight of renovation projects, repairs, and maintenance projects and for the overall function of CAFN rental homes and properties and performs other related duties.
Education and Experience:
Grade 12 or GED is required. Post-secondary diploma in Project Management, Business Administration or Construction/House Inspection, or other related programs is an asset. Journeyman Carpenter or significant experience in construction trades is essential. Experience in construction Project Management is required. Prior experience in managing contracts, preferably construction contracts. Experience with MS Project (project management software) would be desirable. Experience supervising construction crews is an asset. Relevant work experience within a First Nations Government is desired. An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license with driver’s abstract and have a vehicle
- Criminal Records Check
- Must wear CSA approved personal protective equipment, as required
- Ability to lift weights up to 30 lbs.
- Valid First Aid Certificate and WHMIS or willing to obtain
- Willing and able to frequently travel to other CAFN communities
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks, for emergency repairs, and to meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
Job description: JD_Housing Maintenance Coordinator Nov 2021 final
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245