Salary: Level 8 – $84,078.00 – $98,359.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: 1 in Haines Junction; 1 in Whitehorse
Reporting to the Wellness Support Manager, this position is responsible for providing comprehensive wellness support and case management to CAFN Citizens and their families in the areas of child welfare, mental wellness, addictions and trauma, including outreach prevention, pre-treatment, support and counselling. This position also serves as a liaison and support between other Governments including Child & Family Services, Mental Wellness & Substance Abuse Services. The position also participates in the Income Assistance Program in collaboration with other Case Manager colleagues. This includes intake, administration and assessment when the Income Assistance Case manager is away.
Education and Experience:
Degree of Social Work or completion of a 2-year diploma in Social Work or Child & Youth Care and minimum of 5 years of experience in Counselling, Psychology or related field with several years’ experience in counselling clients and managing cases, preferably in a First Nations environment or an equivalent may be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Standard First Aid Certification (current)
- Class 5 driver’s License with Clear Drivers Abstract.
- Class 4 Driver’s license would be an asset
- Clear Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable sectors
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified CAFN Citizens will be given priority and underfills will be considered. Please self-identify in your cover letter or resume.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: Case Manager _ JD _ July 17, 2019
Deadline: 4:30 pm on August 18, 2023
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 456-6888 ext. 340