Salary: Level 8 – $84,078.00 – $98,359.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Wellness Manager, this position is responsible for overseeing the Income Assistance Program for CAFN and providing case management to Income Assistance Clients. This position will also be providing comprehensive social support to CAFN Citizens in the areas of mental wellness, addictions and trauma, including outreach prevention, pre-treatment, support counselling, in collaboration with other Case Manager colleagues. This position may be responsible for coordinating intakes and administration of screening and assessment tools, along with aftercare and recovery programming.
Education and Experience:
Completion of a 2-year diploma in Social Work, Counselling, Psychology, Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing or related field with several years’ experience in counselling clients and managing cases, preferably in a First Nations environment. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license.
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable sector
- Valid First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified CAFN Citizens will be given priority and underfills will be considered. Please self-identify in your cover letter or resume.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: JD Income Assistance Case Manager_May 2021 – signed
Deadline: 4:30 pm on August 18, 2023
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Monique Martin – Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 456-6888 ext. 340