Fixed Term Full-Time (ASAP to March 31, 2024)
Salary: Level 6 – $33.65 – $39.37 hourly
Robust Benefits Package
Location: Haines Junction
Under the direction of the Cultural Family Support Coordinator, this position is responsible for ensuring that CAFN Families & Children have access to support services and recreational activities. The incumbent will work to enable CAFN Families and Children to participate in culturally relevant programs and activities that promote healing, wellness and community cohesion. This position plays a role in creating connections and support between the traditional teachings (Dän K’e) and spiritual, mental, emotional and physical healing and wellbeing.
Education and Experience:
Successful completion of high school is desired but not a requirement. Must have Knowledge of Dän K’e way as well as experience in supporting families with cultural and wellness activities. Experience working in a First Nation community is an asset. Experience with food preparation and driving clients is an asset
Conditions of Employment:
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License (Class 4 driver’s license would be an asset)
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Vulnerable Sectors Records Check
- Food Safe Level 1
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious; and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified CAFN Citizens will be given priority and under- fills will be considered. Please self-identify in your cover letter or resume.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Deadline: 4:30 pm on August 11, 2023
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245