Regular Full-time, starting ASAP
Salary: Level 10 – $112,726.00 – $137,020.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Executive Director and sitting as a member of the Management Committee, this senior management position directs the activities of the Department of Community Wellness, including planning and evaluating in the areas of family and child welfare, nutrition, wellness promotions, addictions, community health, mental health, Elders activities, income assistance and youth & recreation. This position manages human resources, fiscal allocations, program delivery and portfolio management and delivery of associated services to CAFN Citizens, in line with the Department’s mandate. The Director ensures that operational plans are prepared for the Department and properly implemented and evaluated. This position communicates with CAFN Citizens, agencies and partners, and performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Successful completion of a degree in Social Work, Public or Business Administration, or related field. With several years’ experience in a senior public sector position, preferably administrating First Nations social, health and wellness programs or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Extensive knowledge and experience in supervising and/or leading staff, developing and managing programs is required.
Conditions of Employment:
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid Yukon class 5 driver’s license
- Willing and able to travel to CAFN communities
- Willingness to work variable hours, including evenings and weekends
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Attendance at the General Assemblies is a requirement of this position.
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified CAFN Citizens will be given priority and underfills will be considered. Please self-identify in your cover letter or resume.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job description: COMING SOON
Deadline: 4:30 pm on August 22, 2023
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Monique Martin – Human Resources Officer;
Phone: (867) 456-6888 ext. 340