Salary: Level 10 – $112,726.00 – $137,020.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Executive Director and sitting as a member of the Management Committee, this senior management position directs the activities of the Department of Property Services, including planning, management and evaluation of the Department’s program areas for Housing, Property Management, Capital Works and Municipal Services. This position manages human resources, fiscal allocations, capital assets, program delivery and portfolio management and delivery of associated services to CAFN Citizens, in line with the Department’s mandate. The Director ensures that operational and capital plans are prepared for the Department and properly implemented and evaluated. This position communicates with CAFN Citizens, agencies and partners, and performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Successful completion of a degree in Commerce, Business or Public Administration, Business Administration or related field, and experience in a senior public sector position, preferably in a First Nations environment. Experience working in the housing or municipal industry is an asset. Extensive knowledge and experience in supervising and/or leading staff, developing and managing programs is required.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Record
- Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license
- Willing and able to travel to CAFN communities
- Willingness to work variable hours, including evenings and weekends
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified CAFN Citizens will be given priority and under fills will be considered. Please self-identify in your cover letter or resume. Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
Job description: JD_Director of Property Services_2023
Deadline: 4:30 pm on September 22, 2023
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 634-4200 ext. 245