OPEN to CAFN Citizens Only
Term Full-Time (November 2023 – October 2026)
Salary Level – $126,168.00 – $147,598.00
Robust Benefits and Pension Package
Location: Haines Junction or Whitehorse
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for assisting the Executive Director to oversee all day-to-day operations of CAFN and ensure the organization’s mission is accomplished. The position will support the Executive Director to implement priorities of Chief & Council and the Executive Council Office.
The Associate Executive Director participates in short-term and long-term strategic planning with the intent to assist CAFN in achieving defined goals, objectives and project completion. The Associate Executive Director works collaboratively with the Directors in supporting identified priorities of Chief and Council. The incumbent is also required to participate in the Executive Committee of the Whole which is a working session of the First Nations Council.
Education and Experience:
Post-Secondary Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Public Administration, or a related discipline, along with considerable experience in a senior management role, preferably in a First Nation environment. Experience in strategic planning and financial and human resource management is preferred. Supervisory skills are required. Those with extensive years of relevant training and/or experience may be equally considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Record Check
- Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license
- Attendance at the General Assemblies
- Ability to work flexible hours, including working evenings and/or weekends, as required;
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Willing and able to travel
- Willing to learn to speak and understand Southern Tutchone language
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel.
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified CAFN Citizens will be given priority and underfills will be considered. Please self-identify in your cover letter or resume.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Temporary Assignments may be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
Job description: JD Associate Executive Director August 20, 2023
Deadline: 4:30 pm on October 4, 2023
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 456-6888 ext. 340