Term Full-time (ASAP – June 30, 2024) – 1 position
Auxillary On-Call ASAP – June 30, 2024) – 1 position
Salary: Level 4 – $26.36 – $30.83 per hour
Robust Benefits Package
Location: Haines Junction
Reporting to the Education Manager, the position is responsible for the St. Elias Community School food service program, and is required to provide age-appropriate nutritious meals and snacks using traditional and non-traditional foods prepared in accordance with Canada’s Aboriginal Food Guide and special dietary needs. The position is an active team member within the Community, interacts appropriately and effectively with children and youth and maintains effective working relationships with parents/caregivers, colleagues and allied professionals. The incumbent will adhere to policies, regulations, and accepted best practices with the provision of food services.
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of traditional food gathering, preservation and cooking techniques
- Experience in food preparation and serving practices
- Experience in cooking a variety of meals for groups
- Knowledge of food safety for children and youth.
- Experience in meal planning
- Familiarity with applicable occupational health and safety standards
- Dietary and allergy awareness re: food preparation.
- Food Safe Certification
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license.
- Criminal Records Check
- Valid First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends, as required
- Flexibility in hours worked as directed
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods, as directed
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all CAFN personnel
- All Champagne and Aishihik First Nations employees are expected to conduct their duties in a harmonious and cooperative manner intended to enhance the First Nations efforts to build a strong and prosperous Government.
CAFN is an equal opportunity employer, however, qualified CAFN Citizens will be given priority and under fills will be considered. Please self-identify in your cover letter or resume.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
An eligibility list will be created from this posting.
Job description: JD_St. Elias School Cook_Feb 7 2020
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Send current resume and supporting documents to:
Monique Martin – Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 456-6888 ext 340